[Humanist] 28.805 our pedagogy?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Mar 12 07:48:14 CET 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 09:13:44 -0400
        From: John Walsh <jawalsh at indiana.edu>
        Subject: Survey on DH Pedagogy

Forwarded for some colleagues… Please consider participating. Thanks. —John

++++++

Hello,

We are collecting data for a research paper on digital humanities pedagogy, and would be very appreciative of any contributions. We are surveying and interviewing instructors as well as surveying students, so if you have taught or taken a class about digital humanities, we want to hear from you!

Our research will investigate DH curriculum through the perspectives of students and faculty. We will examine how DH is taught and learned in various departments at both undergraduate and graduate levels of study. Interviews with DH instructors and students will provide a framework for understanding the nascent DH curriculum. This qualitative data will help open the dialogue between students and faculty, providing a platform for sharing practical tips for improving DH pedagogy and curriculum.

If you are a DH instructor, please take our survey here: http://goo.gl/6DqciN

If you are a DH student, please take our survey here: http://goo.gl/voephZ

As a token of our appreciation, survey participants will be entered to win one of ten $5 Starbucks gift cards.

Please feel free to distribute this message as widely as possible.

Thank you for your time!

Erica Hayes, Ariadne Rehbein, and Siobhain Rivera, MLS Candidates
Indiana University Bloomington, Department of Information and Library Science
dhpedagogystudy at gmail.com

++++++
---