[Humanist] 28.802 serious games?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Mar 11 07:27:27 CET 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 09:14:50 +0000
        From: Erik van der Spek <e.d.v.d.spek at tue.nl>
        Subject: Participants needed for questionnaire on serious	games - with compensation

Dear colleague,

My name is Maira B. Carvalho and I am a PhD candidate at the University of Genoa (Italy) and Eindhoven University of Technology (Netherlands), as part of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate in Interactive and Cognitive Environments (ICEPhD). The focus of my research is on educational serious games, and particularly the theory behind how gaming and pedagogical elements are connected to each other in a serious game to reach the game's educational goals.

If you are a serious games expert: I need your help!

I would like to invite you to participate in an evaluation of two models for serious games analysis. This evaluation involves playing an online serious game, analyzing it and filling in a questionnaire.

The evaluation does not have to be completed at once. You can divide it in the way that better suits your availability.

The whole process should take about 3 hours to complete, including playing the game. In exchange for your time, I will offer a 20€ gift voucher for either Google Play or Amazon. This will be offered for the first 13 participants to complete the questionnaire in full before March 18th.

Please visit:

       http://mairacarvalho.com/sg_survey

for more information and to access the link to the questionnaire.

Please fill in the questionnaire until March 18th (Wednesday) to be eligible for the 20€ gift voucher! Only the first 13 participants to complete the questionnaire will be offered the voucher.

DON'T HAVE TIME?

If you don't have the time to fill in the questionnaire, you can still help!

Please forward this e-mail to any other serious game researcher, serious game designer, PhD candidates (2nd year onwards) and post-docs on games/serious games that you might know.

Spreading the word to help me reach other serious games researchers will already help me immensely.

Thank you in advance!

CONTACT / MORE INFORMATION:

For more information about this questionnaire and my research, please visit:
http://mairacarvalho.com/sg_survey

Maira B. Carvalho
PhD Candidate - UNIGE | TU/e
Email:m.brandao.carvalho at tue.nl