[Humanist] 28.779 pubs: Digital Literary Studies cfp

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Mar 2 07:43:40 CET 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 22:09:17 -0500
        From: "James O'Sullivan" <josullivan.c at gmail.com>
        Subject: CFP: Digital Literary Studies

CFP: Digital Literary Studies

Submissions are now welcome for our field’s newest peer-reviewed
publication, Digital Literary Studies (http://digitalliterarystudies.org
http://digitalliterarystudies.org ).

The inaugural issue is expected to be published in late 2015. Digital
Literary Studies publishes scholarly articles on research concerned with
computational approaches to literary analysis/criticism, or
critical/literary approaches to electronic literature, digital media, and
textual resources.Topics of interest to Digital Literary Studies include,
but are not limited to, textual analysis, computational stylistics, text
encoding, computational linguistics, digital resources, publishing, topic
modeling, network analysis, mapping, electronic literature, cultural
criticism and Digital Literary Studies, games and gaming.Digital Literary
Studies welcomes and supports submissions across a broad range of scholarly
practices. In addition to more traditional long-form research articles,
shorter positional and quantitative papers are also welcome. Contributors
may submit curated electronic texts for peer review. For example, scholars
may submit an encoded collection of poetry, which will be reviewed, and
stored in our institutional repository hosted at the Pennsylvania State
University. Furthermore, we are interested in reviewing well-documented
hermeneutical methods and tools, where the tools are a form of
interpretation. Any digital project with a literary focus, whether that be a
digital edition, tool, or otherwise, may be considered for review.

A copy of this CFP is publicly available, so please feel free to circulate
further:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HkemFkypCkfTbumLUpYCaZn9LQaKpyWU8fkq7ulcOhE/edit?pli=1
Further details on the focus and scope of the journal:
http://journals.psu.edu/dls/about/editorialPolicies#focusAndScope Submission
and author
guidelines:http://journals.psu.edu/dls/about/submissions#authorGuidelines.
Details on editorial and advisory