[Humanist] 29.120 DH organizations

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Jun 26 03:31:43 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Alex Gil <colibri.alex at gmail.com>                         (34)
        Subject: DH organizations around the world

  [2]   From:    "Taylor,Laurie Nancy Francesca" <laurien at ufl.edu>         (13)
        Subject: RE:  DH organizations around the world

  [3]   From:    jieh.hsiang at gmail.com                                      (3)

  [4]   From:    Domenico Fiormonte <domenico.fiormonte at gmail.com>         (32)

        Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 09:18:27 -0400
        From: Alex Gil <colibri.alex at gmail.com>

Dear all,

Here is a quick neatline sketch  http://testing.elotroalex.com/dhorgs/ of
the digital humanities organizations I can see around the world today. The
map is quick and dirty, and misrepresents much. It would be nice to get a
representation of memberships from each org by city or state, that would
help localize trans-nationality more accurately. In lieu of that I'm hoping
this can spark a conversation about representation, language and location.
If you have private suggestions, feel free to send me a line. I welcome all
public suggestions.

As I say in the about page:

LIES THIS MAP TELLS: