[Humanist] 29.106 jobs at Baylor, British Library

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jun 18 23:57:26 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Ray Siemens <siemens at uvic.ca>                              (8)
        Subject: Job Openings in DH at Baylor University

  [2]   From:    Leif Isaksen <leifuss at googlemail.com>                      (8)
        Subject: Vacancy for Lead Curator, Digital Mapping, British Library

        Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 22:46:52 +0000
        From: Ray Siemens <siemens at uvic.ca>

> From: <Bentsen>, "Eileen M." <Eileen_Bentsen at baylor.edu>

The Baylor University Libraries are seeking to fill two (2) Digital Scholarship Liaison Librarian positions. The Digital Scholarship Liaison Librarian (DSLL) is a reimagined, hybrid liaison role. The DSLLs will develop digital scholarship services, partnerships, and programming; facilitate the use of library content in digital scholarship projects by faculty and students; and serve as a liaison to one or more academic departments. This is an academic professional position with faculty status.

We are looking for creative, entrepreneurial candidates who will bring new digital scholarship skills to our team, enhancing our ability to provide leading-edge services. The DSLLs will facilitate new research strategies, curricular innovation, and management of increasingly complex products of scholarship.

For the full job description, please visit http://bit.ly/DSLLpositionguide.

To apply, please submit letter of application, current CV, and list of three professional references with contact information to Sha Towers, Chair, Digital Scholarship Librarians Search Committee, at sha_towers at baylor.edu<mailto:sha_towers at baylor.edu>. To ensure full consideration, please submit your application by 1 July 2015. Positions will remain open until filled. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.

To learn more about the Baylor University Libraries and Baylor University, please visit us online at baylor.edu/library http://baylor.edu/library  and baylor.edu http://baylor.edu .

Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continually operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 15,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting new faculty with a strong commitment to the classroom and an equally strong commitment to discovering new knowledge as we pursue our bold vision, Pro Futuris (baylor.edu/profuturis/ http://www.baylor.edu/profuturis/ ).

Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion as a selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.