[Humanist] 29.89 events: global AI; NLP; mixed writing; markup

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Jun 10 14:13:22 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Stephen H. Gregg" <s.gregg at bathspa.ac.uk>                (42)
        Subject: MIX03 Writing Digital conference

  [2]   From:    Fabio Ciotti <fabio.ciotti at uniroma2.it>                   (18)
        Subject: Call for reviewers: CLIC 2015 - track: NLP for Digital
                Humanities

  [3]   From:    Geoff Sutcliffe <geoff at cs.miami.edu>                      (30)
        Subject: GCAI 2015 - Call for Papers

  [4]   From:    Hugh Cayless <philomousos at gmail.com>                      (15)
        Subject: Balisage Symposium: Call for Short Talks

        Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 12:38:17 +0100
        From: "Stephen H. Gregg" <s.gregg at bathspa.ac.uk>

Dear list

Bath Spa University is hosting Writing Digital: MIX DIGITAL 3 MIX DIGITAL
has established itself as an innovative forum for the discussion and
exploration of writing and technology, attracting an international cohort
of contributors from the UK, Australia, and Europe as well as North and
South America. Writing Digital will take full advantage of our brand-new
Commons building and its interactive spaces through hosting a vibrant mix
of academic papers, practitioner presentations, seminars, keynotes,
discussions and workshops, as well as an exhibition of work by conference
participants. Conference website: http://mix-bathspa.org/

Confirmed keynotes include Naomi Alderman <http://mix-bathspa.org/keynotes/>
talking about how and why a literary novelist came to be the imaginative
power behind the hugely successful apps, Zombies! Run, and The Walk;
theorist Florian Cramer  http://www.aprja.net/?p=1318 , applied research
professor at Creating 010, the research unit affiliated to Willem de
Kooning Academy and Piet Zwart Institute at the Rotterdam University of
Applied Sciences, The Netherlands; also confirmed is Blast Theory
 http://mix-bathspa.org/keynotes/ , internationally renowned as one of the
most adventurous artists’ groups using interactive media, creating new
forms of performance and interactive art – they’ll be discussing their
current kickstarter-funded project, Karen.

*If you would like to attend the conference book your place here
 http://bit.ly/17N3EVy .*

--
*Dr Stephen H. Gregg*
*Senior Lecturer in English*

@gregg_sh
shgregg.com

T: +44 (0)1225 875482  M: +44 (0)7771 702912
Visit www.bathspa.ac.uk
Join us on: Facebook  http://www.facebook.com/bath.spa.university | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/#%21/BathSpaUni>| YouTube
 http://www.youtube.com/BathSpaUniversity | LinkedIn