[Humanist] 29.191 the Digital Repository of Ireland

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Jul 25 23:56:55 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 11:37:42 +0100
        From: Charlene McGoohan <Charlene.A.McGoohan at nuim.ie>
        Subject: Digital Repository of Ireland

The Digital Repository of Ireland (DRI) is now live and we invite you to explore the Repository at repository.dri.ie

The DRI is a trusted national infrastructure for the preservation, curation and dissemination of Ireland’s humanities, social sciences, and cultural heritage data. The Repository contains tens of thousands of high quality, metadata-rich digital objects, including video clips, photographs, digitised manuscripts, oral histories, sound recordings, digitised paintings and museum objects, books and letters. The DRI is the result of nearly four years of research, software development, policy and legal framework design, and data curation by digital archivists and librarians.

Since we launched at the DPASSH conference on 25th June, we have been awarded the Data Seal of Approval (DSA) certification. The DSA is awarded by an international board of data repositories to those organisations who meet the national and international guidelines for digital data archiving. The DRI is committed to the long-term preservation of deposited assets. Trusted preservation is at the core of DRI’s mandate, and has informed the project’s requirements from the beginning.

The DRI launched featuring beautiful and moving collections, including those from our broad range of demonstrator projects – Letters of 1916, the Clarke Stained Glass Studios Archive, Irish Lifetimes, Kilkenny Design Workshops, Saol agus Saothar Sheáin Mhic Ghiollarnáth, and the Teresa Deevy Archive – as well as the award winning Inspiring Ireland collections, featuring content from Ireland’s National Cultural Institutions, and rich collections of multi-media content from our partners Raidió Teilifís Éireann (RTÉ) and the Contemporary Music Centre (CMC).

You can discover and enjoy the wealth of collections at repository.dri.ie

With kind regards,
Charlene McGoohan

Charlene McGoohan
Requirements Manager
Digital Repository of Ireland
An Foras Feasa
Iontas Building
Maynooth University, Maynooth, Co.Kildare

Ph: 01 474 7182
www.dri.ie