[Humanist] 29.183 events: Edirom Summer School

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jul 21 22:26:56 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 14:57:23 +0200
        From: Peter Stadler <stadler at weber-gesamtausgabe.de>
        Subject: Edirom-Summer-School 2015

Dear list members,

Please let me inform you about this year's Edirom-Summer-School (ESS2015), which will take place 7.–11. September at the Heinz Nixdorf Institute at the University of Paderborn, Germany: http://ess.upb.de. The Edirom-Summer-School 2015 is organized by the Virtual Research Group Edirom and the german eHumanities project DARIAH-DE.

Our courses and workshops follow three level tracks (most held in German):

The "entrance" track will offer introductions to the Music Encoding Initiative (MEI) and the Text Encoding Initiative (TEI) as well as to our Edirom Tool Set for compiling and publishing digital (music) editions.

The "advanced" track deals with general workflows and techniques when working with XML files and MEI metadata. We also offer an introduction to tool development with eXist-db.

Within the "workshop" track we will discuss different problems and questions about technical workflows and project organization as well as legal issues concerning different types of "data" in the context of digital research and edition projects.

Please find our full program at http://ess.upb.de/2015/programm.html. Registration is open until the end of July at http://ess.upb.de/2015/registrierung.html.

In case of any questions concerning the ESS2015, please feel free to contact the organization team at ess at edirom.de.

We hope to see you in September in Paderborn!

For the ESS2015 organization team
Peter Stadler

**
The Virtual Research Group Edirom is based at the Musicology Seminar Detmold/Paderborn, which is a co-faculty of the University of Paderborn and the Hochschule für Musik Detmold.

DARIAH-DE is the German part of the EU eHumanities research project Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities. It is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. Please find further information at http://de.dariah.eu.

The ESS2015 on the internet: http://ess.upb.de

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/edirom or #edirom2015

**

--