[Humanist] 29.173 pubs: D-Lib for July/August; biographical data; stylometry; software studies

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jul 16 22:23:31 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Jan Rybicki" <jkrybicki at gmail.com>                        (8)
        Subject: Stylometry jumps on the Harper Lee bandwagon

  [2]   From:    "Braake, S. ter" <s.ter.braake at vu.nl>                      (7)
        Subject: Proceedings Biographical Data in a Digital World Conference
                Online

  [3]   From:    Lev Manovich <manovich at softwarestudies.com>               (30)
        Subject: Three new articles from Software Studies Initiative

  [4]   From:    Bonnie Wilson <bwilson at cnri.reston.va.us>                 (56)
        Subject: The July/August 2015 issue of D-Lib Magazine is now
                available.

        Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 22:35:25 +0200
        From: "Jan Rybicki" <jkrybicki at gmail.com>

Interested (digital) humanists might want to look at what happens when Matt
Jockers suggests to a Wall Street Journal writer to talk to some
stylometrists in Poland, of all places.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/07/15/go-set-a-watchman-harper-lee-truman-capote/

Best,

Maciej Eder
Jan Rybicki

        Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 13:35:24 +0000
        From: "Braake, S. ter" <s.ter.braake at vu.nl>
        Subject: Proceedings Biographical Data in a Digital World Conference Online

Dear colleagues,

After a fruitful conference on April 9th the proceedings are now online at CEUR:
http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1399/

The proceedings include 18 contributions from the fields of humanities, computer science and computational linguistics dealing with the question how
digital humanities might change biographical research.

Kind regards,
Serge ter Braake