[Humanist] 28.768 programmes: internet & society; Early Modern data

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Feb 25 09:43:54 CET 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Simon Rinas <simon.rinas at hiig.de>                         (32)
        Subject: Reminder -- Summer Fellowship 2015 -- Internet & Society --
                Closing Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 16:27:21 +0100

  [2]   From:    Andrew Prescott <Andrew.Prescott at glasgow.ac.uk>           (15)
        Subject: Apply Now: Advanced Digital Humanities Institute at the
                Folger this June

        Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 16:27:21 +0100
        From: Simon Rinas <simon.rinas at hiig.de>
        Subject: Reminder -- Summer Fellowship 2015 -- Internet & Society -- Closing Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 16:27:21 +0100

R E M I N D E R:
SUMMER FELLOWSHIP 2015 – INTERNET AND SOCIETY – 5 DAYS LEFT

Today, I would like to remind you of the expiring call for applications. Please be aware that there are just 5 days left until the current call for the HIIG Summer Fellowship 2015 will be closed. Thus, hurry up to send in your applications by 1 March via our application form at hiig.de/summer2015  http://hiig.de/summer2015 .

Opportunities

Our summer fellowship provides innovative thinkers a unique opportunity to exchange experiences and set off new initiatives in an inviting intellectual environment. In addition to that you will get in touch with other summer fellows during the common research period. The selected fellows are very welcome to collaborate in a growing international team and to participate in the research activities at our institute. We encourage you to actively shape your stay according to your research interests. We offer a number of opportunities to get involved with our research programme and discuss your research project with the HIIG research team, such as:

Writing a paper related to your research project, e.g. publishing a journal paper in our SSRN Internet & Society Series  http://www.hiig.de/en/research/ssrn-internet-society-series
Holding a presentation about a topic of your choice in our weekly HIIG Club
Organising a workshop related to your research topic
Engage in joint activities and projects with other fellows
And more – according to your interest

Allowances

Fellows are expected to bring their own funding through their home institution or outside grants. Fellows must take care of their accommodation, insurance, childcare, and transportation arrangements. However, in specific cases we can provide a travel allowance of up to € 700,- and a visa subsidy of up to € 200,- on request.

Time frame

We offer fellowships ranging from 3 to 12 months starting from 1 June 2015 at the earliest. Fellowships must cover the period from 1 July to 31 August to guarantee the exchange among all of our fellows.

Qualifications

Master’s degree, PhD in full process/nearing completion
Fluency in English; command of German is appreciated
Research experience and an Internet research project of your own

Required application documents

curriculum vitae
letter of motivation explaining your interest in the fellowship, your expectations and your research background (1 page)
outline of a) your research project, b) the work you propose to conduct during the fellowship, c) contributions you plan to realise during your stay, d) projects on our research agenda that are of interest to you, and e) if possible, preferred project partners at our institute (maximum 3 pages total)
optional: your latest publication or work sample covering Internet research (maximum of 1 paper/ chapter/presentation in English or German)

Applications will only be accepted through our online application form at:

hiig.de/summer2015  http://hiig.de/summer2015
Closing date for applications is Sunday, 1 March 2015. Please contact us with any questions via application at hiig.de <mailto:application at hiig.de>.

 <> <>

Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society
Oberwallstraße 9  | D-10117 | Berlin | Germany
info at hiig.de <mailto:info at hiig.de>