[Humanist] 28.755 evidence of value

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Feb 21 08:43:37 CET 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 14:04:27 +0000
        From: "Stephen H. Gregg" <s.gregg at bathspa.ac.uk>
        Subject: Re:  28.751 evidence of value is evidence of worry

Dear list

Teaching (very entry level) textual analysis with my undergraduate students
has really underlined - for me just as much as for them - precisely this
movement between close reading and what Matthew Jockers terms macroanalysis
(my students preferred this term to 'distant reading').

Best
Stephen Gregg

On Friday, February 20, 2015, Humanist Discussion Group <

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile