[Humanist] 28.744 events: 3D modelling; digital materialities; initiatives; knowledge creation

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Feb 18 07:56:24 CET 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Hugh Burkhart <hburkhart at sandiego.edu>                    (56)
        Subject: 2015 University of San Diego Digital Initiatives Symposium

  [2]   From:    "Snyder, Lisa" <lms at idre.ucla.edu>                         (8)
        Subject: Call for applications: Theory and Practice in 3D Modeling of
                Cultural Heritage Sites

  [3]   From:    Alyssa Arbuckle <alyssaarbuckle at gmail.com>                (18)
        Subject: *Deadline extended* CFP: "Social Knowledge Creation in the
                Humanities" (June 7 2015) aligned w/ DHSI

  [4]   From:    Amy Johnson <amyj at mit.edu>                                (20)
        Subject: Materialities of the Digital ~ open panel at 4S

        Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 22:53:33 +0000
        From: Hugh Burkhart <hburkhart at sandiego.edu>

2015 University of San Diego Digital Initiatives Symposium

Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice, University of San Diego

Join University of San Diego's Copley Library for a day-long event focused on the digital elements of library ecosystems and institutional repositories as well as a bepress Digital Commons user group meeting. Please see the conference program at http://www.sandiego.edu/library/documents/dis2015.pdf.

For registration and program information, please visit: http://digital.sandiego.edu/symposium
$50 registration includes lunch and afternoon refreshments
Please register by March 23, 2015 but open until filled

Featured keynote speakers will be:
Heather Joseph, Executive Director, SPARC
Kenneth D. Crews, Attorney, Gipson Hoffman & Pancione
Faculty, Columbia Law School

Panel Sessions:
Matthew Gilchrist, Tom Keegan and Paul Soderdahl | University of Iowa
DIY History: Building Digital Connections between Special Collections and the Undergraduate Classroom

Shannon Davis and Joel Minor | Washington University
The James Merrill Digital Archive: Channeling the Collaborative Spirit(s)
Andreas Kratky, Virginia Kuhn and Michaela Ullmann | University of Southern California
The Architectural Touch: Gestural Approaches to Library Search

Concurrent Sessions:
Wendy Fall, Rose Fortier and Heather James | Marquette University
Between Subject and Tech Expertise: Collaborating with Faculty for Digital Humanities Projects

Lopez D. Matthews, Jr. and Andrew Sulavik | Howard University
Kenvi C. Phillips | Moorland-Spingarn Research Center
Digitizing the Black Experience: The Building of ‘Digital Howard’ and the ‘Portal to the Black Experience’

Julia Gelfand and Mitchell Brown | UC Irvine
Bethany Harris | UC San Diego
UC Open Access Policy: Not Always the Field of Dreams, But the Field of Hope

Amy Hunsaker | University of Nevada, Reno
Turning Back the Clock: Retrofitting Metadata in Legacy Digital Collections

Keven Jeffery, Kathryn Houk, Jordan Nielsen and Jenny Wong-Welch | San Diego State University Creating and Sustaining a Digital Syllabus Collection

Kristin Laughtin-Dunker | Chapman University
Annie Knight | Santa Ana College
Librarian Collaboration and Teaching Undergraduates about Open Access

Alex Gil and Simone Sacchi | Columbia University
Arden Kirkland | Syracuse University
Long-Term Preservation of Digital Humanities Projects

Abbie Weinberg and Meaghan J. Brown | Folger Shakespeare Library
‘O wiki’d wit and gifts, that have the power / So to seduce!’: Creating a Public Collaborative Digital Space for a Special Collections Environment

Jeff Rubin | Tulane University
BAMBOULA/NOLA: A Community Sound Repository and Experience

Melanie Hubbard | Loyola Marymount University
Materializing Hypertexts: Bridging the ‘Gap’ Between Digital and Analog

Marcia McIntosh | University of North Texas
Rescuing Texas History: Institutional Repository Development at The University of North Texas

Rebecca Hirsch and Kevin L. Glick | Yale University
Restricted Access to Digitized Archival Collections: Copyright, Privacy and Donor Restrictions in 20th Century Archival Collections

For further information contact Kelly Riddle at kriddle at sandiego.edu<mailto:kriddle at sandiego.edu> or 619-260-6850.

--
Hugh Burkhart – Associate Professor, Reference Librarian
Copley Library, University of San Diego