[Humanist] 28.727 evidence of value?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Feb 12 13:07:13 CET 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:48:40 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: evidence of value and related anxieties

A few years ago, at least in the UK, an effort was made -- not the first
of them -- to assess whether the application of digital methods had
produced "evidence of value". Relatively recently I have run across this
question in another form, specifically addressing application to
literary studies: has digital humanities made any difference at all to
mainstream scholarship?

I am collecting expressions of such anxieties from the first decade of
this century to the present and would be very grateful for any pointers,
suggestions and comments. These expressions do not have to be
intelligent or even argued. My interest is in the fact that they occur
and when they occur.

Many thanks.

Group, University of Western Sydney