[Humanist] 28.696 Summer Institute in Digital Textual Studies

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Feb 4 07:26:51 CET 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 09:56:40 -0600
        From: Patricia Galloway <galloway at ischool.utexas.edu>
        Subject: Re: Summer Institute in Digital Textual Studies

Willard,

I wish that I were not teaching summer school so that I could apply for
the Summer Institute in Digital Textual Studies, though I suspect I am
too old in any case; will there be any kind of rapportage to come out of
it (especially since it is the first) so the broader Humanist audience
can benefit from the exciting possibilities that it promises?

Pat Galloway
University of Texas at Austin

[In response to Pat Galloway's question: a rapporteur will be present throughout the Institute and will produce a report and commentary on its first (2015) and second (2016) sessions. Since we are trying something new which we hope to continue, we are intensely interested in the outcome from a participant-observer's perspective. At issue is how digital humanities is best done -- or, to put it another way, what it becomes -- in the practice and understanding of the individual scholar. The Institute provides a chance to study that. --WM]