[Humanist] 29.560 cfp: 2016 Goettingen Dialog

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Dec 17 07:23:28 CET 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 15:30:24 +0100
        From: Emily V Franzini <efranzini at gcdh.de>
        Subject: CALL FOR PAPERS: 2016 Göttingen Dialog in Digital Humanities

Call for Papers: 2016 Göttingen Dialog in Digital Humanities

The Göttingen Dialog in Digital Humanities has established a forum for
the discussion of digital methods applied to all areas of the Humanities
and Social Sciences, including Classics, Philosophy, History,
Literature, Law, Languages, Archaeology and more. The initiative is
organized by the Göttingen Centre for Digital Humanities (GCDH).

The dialogs will take place every Monday from April 11th until early
July 2016 in the form of 90-minute seminars. Seminar content should be
of interest to humanists, digital humanists, librarians and computer
scientists. Furthermore, we proudly announce that Prof. Dr. Stefan
Gradmann (KU Leuven) will be giving the opening keynoteon April 11th.

We invite submissions of abstracts describing research which employs
digital methods, resources or technologies in an innovative way in order
to enable a better or new understanding of the humanities, both in the
past and present. We also encourage contributions describing
"work-in-progress".

Abstracts should be written in Englishonly. The authors of the successful
abstracts will be asked to contribute a paper to a Digital Humanities
Quarterly (DHQ) special issue.Furthermore, the author(s) of the best
paper and talk will receive a prize of €500, which will be awarded on
the basis of both the quality of the paper (50% weight) and the
presentation of the research (50% weight).

Abstracts should be sent by February 15th at midnight CET to
gddh at gcdh.dein Word.docx format only and should be a maximum of 3 pages
in length.

For more information, please visit:
http://etrap.gcdh.de/call-for-papers-2016-gottingen-dialog-in-digital-humanities/