[Humanist] 29.237 events: editing; knowledge representation; crowdsourcing

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Aug 25 07:14:08 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Ivan_José_Varzinczak <ijv at acm.org>                       (93)
        Subject: Call for Papers KR 2016: 15th International Conference on
                Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning

  [2]   From:    Elena Spadini <elena.spadini at huygens.knaw.nl>             (16)
        Subject: REGISTRATION DEADLINE - Technology, Software, Standards for
                the Digital Scholarly Edition (The Hague, 16 - 18 September)
                * DiXiT Convention

  [3]   From:    Adam Crymble <adam.crymble at gmail.com>                     (39)
        Subject: Crowdsourcing Game Jam

        Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 01:06:04 +0000
        From: Ivan_José_Varzinczak <ijv at acm.org>
        Subject: Call for Papers KR 2016: 15th International Conference on Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning

                                CALL FOR PAPERS

                                *** KR 2016 ***

                       15th International Conference on
             Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning

                           Cape Town, South Africa
                               25-29 April 2016

                            http://kr.org/KR2016/

Co-located with DL 2016 [http://www.dl.kr.org] and NMR 2016 [http://www.kr.org/NMR/]

KR 2016 IMPORTANT DATES
-----------------------
 *  Submission of title and abstract: 21 November 2015
 *  Paper submission deadline: 28 November 2015
 *  Notification of acceptance: 21 January 2016
 *  Camera-ready papers due: 19 February 2016
 *  Conference: 25-29 April 2016

------------------------

Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (KRR) is an exciting, well-established
field of research. In KRR a fundamental assumption is that an agent's
knowledge is explicitly represented in a declarative form, suitable for
processing by dedicated reasoning engines. This assumption, that much of
what an agent deals with is knowledge-based, is common in many modern
intelligent systems. Consequently, KRR has contributed to the theory and
practice of various areas in AI, such as automated planning and natural
language understanding, among others, as well as to fields beyond AI,
including databases, software engineering, the semantic web, computational
biology, and the development of software agents.

The KR conference series is the leading forum for timely in-depth presentation
of progress in the theory and principles underlying the representation and
computational management of knowledge.  We solicit papers presenting novel
results on the principles of KRR that clearly contribute to the formal
foundations of relevant problems or show the applicability of results to
implemented or implementable systems.

We welcome papers from other areas that show clear use of, or contributions
to, the principles or practice of KRR.  We also encourage "reports from the
field" of applications, experiments, developments, and tests. Such papers
should be explicitly identified as reports from the field by the authors, to
ensure appropriate reviewing, and must include a section on evaluation.

TOPICS
------
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
 *  Argumentation
 *  Belief change: revision and update, belief merging, etc.
 *  Commonsense reasoning
 *  Contextual reasoning
 *  Description logics
 *  Diagnosis, abduction, explanation
 *  Inconsistency- and exception- tolerant reasoning, paraconsistent logics
 *  KR and autonomous agents: multi-agent systems, cognitive robotics, agent models
 *  KR and data management, data analytics
 *  KR and decision making, game theory, social choice
 *  KR and machine learning, inductive logic programming, knowledge discovery and acquisition
 *  KR and natural language processing
 *  KR and the Web, Semantic Web
 *  Logic programming, answer set programming, constraint logic programming
 *  Nonmonotonic logics, default logics, conditional logics
 *  Ontology formalisms and models
 *  Philosophical foundations of KR
 *  Preferences: modeling and representation, preference-based reasoning
 *  Reasoning about action and change: action languages, situation calculus, causality
 *  Reasoning about knowledge and belief, dynamic epistemic logic, epistemic and doxastic logics
 *  Reasoning systems and solvers, knowledge compilation
 *  Spatial reasoning and temporal reasoning, qualitative reasoning
 *  Uncertainty, representations of vagueness, many-valued and fuzzy logics

SUBMISSION INFORMATION

Submissions must be original, and should not have been previously published,
accepted for publication, or currently be under review. Authors may not submit
their paper elsewhere during the KR 2016 reviewing period. These considerations
apply only to journals and conferences, and not to workshops and forums with a
limited audience and without archival proceedings. In case of doubt, please
contact the Program Chairs.

Papers must be submitted in AAAI style and PDF format. The maximum length of a
submission is 9 pages including abstract, figures, and appendices (if any) but
excluding references. Reviewing will be non-blind.

AAAI author instructions:
http://www.aaai.org/Publications/Author/author.php

AAAI author kit:
http://www.aaai.org/Publications/Templates/AuthorKit.zip

The conference proceedings will be published by AAAI Press.

For complete details, see the 'Submission information' page at http://www.kr.org/KR2016

CONFERENCE CHAIRS
 *  General: Chitta Baral (Arizona State University, USA)
 *  Program: James Delgrande (Simon Fraser University, Canada), Frank Wolter (University of Liverpool, UK)
 *  Local Organization: Thomas Meyer (University of Cape Town and CAIR, South Africa)
 *  Doctoral Consortium: Meghyn Bienvenu (CNRS, France), Joohyung Lee (Arizona State University, USA)
 *  Sponsorship and Publicity: Ivan Varzinczak (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)

--
Ivan José Varzinczak
Department of Computer Science - Institute of Mathematics