[Humanist] 29.225 PhD studentships at QUT (Australia)

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Aug 19 07:13:07 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 06:09:24 +0000
        From: Peta Mitchell <peta.mitchell at qut.edu.au>
        Subject: QUT Digital Media Research Centre PhD Scholarships for 2016 Entry

QUT Digital Media Research Centre PhD Scholarships for 2016 Entry

The Digital Media Research Centre (DMRC) at Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is now calling for expressions of interest from prospective postgraduate research students as part of the University’s annual Scholarship Round.

The DMRC aims to conduct world-leading research that helps society understand and adapt to the changing digital media environment. It is a leading Australian centre for the fields of media and communication—areas in which QUT has achieved the highest possible rankings in ERA, the national research quality assessment exercise. We are actively engaged with the Asian region across all our research programs, and we have a strong commitment to research training for academic and industry researchers alike.

Applicants with excellent academic track records (equal to an Australian Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours) or equivalent research experience may be eligible for competitive PhD scholarships to undertake study with us. Successful applicants will work on topics that align closely with one or more of our four research programs. The DMRC is also offering a number of additional top-ups to these scholarships for highly ranked students.

Closing date: 30th September 2015 (earlier enquiries essential)

Further information on our research programs, PhD topics for 2016, and how to apply is here: http://tinyurl.com/dmrcphd

Dr Peta Mitchell
Senior Research Fellow and Chief Investigator
Digital Media Research Centre
Creative Industries Faculty
Queensland University of Technology
K-413, 130 Victoria Park Rd