[Humanist] 28.353 jobs: professorship at Stuttgart; PhD studentship at Indiana

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Sep 25 07:08:12 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Nils Reiter <nils.reiter at ims.uni-stuttgart.de>            (16)
        Subject: Professorship in Digital Humanities, University of
                Stuttgart, Germany

  [2]   From:    John Walsh <jawalsh at indiana.edu>                          (12)
        Subject: Ph.D. Fellowship in Scholarly Communication at Indiana
                University

        Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 09:57:51 +0200
        From: Nils Reiter <nils.reiter at ims.uni-stuttgart.de>
        Subject: Professorship in Digital Humanities, University of Stuttgart, Germany

> From: Jonas Kuhn <jonas.kuhn at ims.uni-stuttgart.de>
> Subject: Professorship in Digital Humanities, University of Stuttgart, Germany

The Institut für Literaturwissenschaft at the Philosophisch-Historische Fakultät, Universität Stuttgart seeks to appoint a

W3-Professor in Digital Humanities.

The successful candidate will be an internationally renowned scholar whose competences cross the boundaries between Computer Science and the Humanities and who has developed computational methods and models for the Humanities. The candidate will be an expert in interdisciplinary teaching and should already have implemented concepts for teaching methodological skills in Digital Humanities. Furthermore, the person appointed will help to integrate traditional disciplines into this new field as well as enable these disciplines to profit from digital tools and methods.

At the University of Stuttgart, representatives from the Humanities, Social Sciences, Information Sciences, and Engineering cooperate on various digital projects. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the newly founded Stuttgart Research Centre for Text Studies and the broader research context in Stuttgart through securing external funding and establishing links to national and international research infrastructures in the Digital Humanities.

In conjunction with her/his newly established department the successful candidate will have an interest in working with other faculties to develop a Master of Arts in ‘Digital Humanities’ and in coordinating various digital teaching and research activities at the University of Stuttgart.

Applications are invited from persons who will have obtained their PhD / Promotion and Habilitation (or an equivalent record of publications) in the Humanities, preferably in a text-oriented field or in a corresponding field of Computer Science.

Applications including the PhD thesis and three selected publications should be sent as PDF documents to Prof. Dr. Achim Stein, achim.stein at ling.uni-stuttgart.de, by October 31st, 2014.

The requirements for employment listed in § 47 and § 50 of the Baden-Württemberg university law (LHG) apply.

The University of Stuttgart is an equal opportunity employer. Applications of women are strongly encouraged. Severely challenged persons will be given preference in case of equal qualifications.

The University of Stuttgart has established a Dual Career Program to offer assistance to partners of those moving to Stuttgart. For more information, please visit our website www.uni-stuttgart.de/dual-career/