[Humanist] 28.454 how & what are we communicating?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Oct 30 09:16:20 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 08:00:30 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: Are lists dying?

See below, those who watch and wonder about communication among scholars
and practitioners (with hopes that these two overlap to a high degree).
I propagate the request for forgiveness and the question somewhat
modified: if people like us are not using lists, how do they communicate
in sentences of length rather than having to 'like' something? How are
arguments made, attacked, defended? I realise that I show my age in the
field by wanting it to be one within which people do more than
tweet, like and the like. And perhaps I show my age in other ways as
well :-), for example in abstaining from many ways of making noise
online. So I ask. Hope comes to me at least from the fact that Humanist
continues to grow in number of members, though I mourn the fact
(if it is a fact) that medievalists talk less or not at all in sentences online.

Comments, esp from native informants?