[Humanist] 28.451 events: research experiences in history & social sciences; HASTAC

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Oct 29 09:12:02 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Dean Rehberger <rehberge at msu.edu>                        (104)
        Subject: CFP HASTAC 2015 Deadline Extended to 10/31!

  [2]   From:    Adam Crymble <adam.crymble at gmail.com>                     (54)
        Subject: Web Archives seminar 4 Nov, London. (Livestream available)

        Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 09:59:04 -0400
        From: Dean Rehberger <rehberge at msu.edu>

The deadline for proposal submissions for HASTAC 2015 has been extended
to 5:00pm EST Friday,*October 31, 2014*!
  go to http://www.hastac2015.org/

*Call For Proposals*

*HASTAC 2015: Exploring the Art & Science of Digital Humanities*
May 27-30, 2015 Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
Submissions Deadline:October 15, 2014, 5:00pm EST

*DEADLINE EXTENDED to 5:00pm EST, October 31, 2014 */(Proposals are now
welcomed)/ <https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=hastac2015>**

Join us on the campus of Michigan State University to celebrate and
explore the range of Digital Humanities Scholarship, Research, and
Performance! We welcome sessions that address, exemplify, and
interrogate the interdisciplinary nature of DH work. HASTAC 2015
challenges participants to consider how the interplay of science,
technology, social sciences, humanities, and arts are producing new
forms of knowledge, disrupting older forms, challenging or reifying
power relationships, among other possibilities.  Themes addressed by the
conference include:

-- the changing nature of humanities research and scholarship
-- indigenous culture, decolonial and post-colonial theory and technology
-- technology and education--open learning, peer learning, and issues of
access, equity for primary and/or higher education
-- communication of knowledge, publishing, and intellectual property
-- digital cultural heritage and hegemony
-- crowd dynamics, global outreach, and social media
-- technology and social identity and roles:  gender, race, and other
identities
-- digital animation and other visualization media arts and sciences
-- games and gaming, including for learning
-- community development including the importance of art and culture
districts
-- mobile technologies, activity streams, and experience design
-- cognitive and other dimensions of creativity, innovation, and scholarship

HASTAC 2015 will include plenary addresses, panel presentations
(variations detailed below), maker sessions, workshops, exhibitions,
performances and tech demos.

*We seek proposals for participant presentations in the following
categories:*

  * 5-8 minute lightning talks
  * 15-20 minute talks
  * curated panels (lightning talks, longer talks, curated conversation)
  * project demos
  * digital and/or print posters
  * creative performances or exhibitions
  * maker sessions or workshops

For each submission, we will need the following information from you:

1) complete contact information including valid phone, email, and
institutional affiliation, if any;

2) 500 word abstract of the work you would like to present that must
discuss its relationship to the conference themes;

3) any technical requirements or other support (including space
requirements) that may be required for the presentation.  For
exhibitions or other performances, please indicate any equipment that is
absolutely required and that you cannot bring with you.  In the event
that we cannot guarantee access to the equipment, we regret that we may
not be able to accept your proposal.

*Digital and/or Print Posters Wanted!*

Print posters (4 x 3') and electronic posters (to be projected) are
solicited for emerging projects, ideas, and scholars. In presenting your
research with a poster, you should aim to use the poster as a means for
generating active discussion of your research. Limit the text to about
one-fourth of the poster space, and use visuals (graphs, photographs,
schematics, maps, etc.) to tell your story.  Use the regular submission
form, but indicate that you are proposing a Poster by checking the
appropriate box.

*Maker Sessions & Workshops*

We will provide some room and resources for individuals or groups to
create informal maker spaces, where conference participants can share,
exchange, and experiment with new online tools, personal fabrication
technologies, open source electronics such as Arduino, and other
creative and learning devices and gadgets. To propose a maker session or
workshop, please use the standard submission form and indicate that
yours is a maker session. Please also tell us how long the session requires!

All proposals will be peer-reviewed, but we regret that we cannot
provide detailed reviewer feedback. We welcome applications from
scholars at all stages of their careers from all disciplines and fields,
from private sector companies and public sector organizations, from
artists and public intellectuals, and from networks and individuals.

*Dean Rehberger*
Director, Matrix
tel: (517) 355-9300|direct : (517) 353-4969| fax: (517) 355-8363
dean at rehberger.us| w:www.matrix.msu.edu

Facebook
 http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fdean.rehberger
Twitter
 http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fdeanreh
LinkedIn
 http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fprofile%2Fview%3Fid%3D18624779%26trk%3Dnav_responsive_tab_profile
Instagram
 http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Finstagram.com%2Fdeanreh
Contact me: Google Talk deanreh Skype deanreh MSN rehberger Y! Messenger
deanreh
WordPress Blog Posts
 http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.matrix.msu.edu 	Our
latest post:In Memory of Helen J. Spence
 http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.matrix.msu.edu%2F2014%2F10%2Fin-memory-of-helen-j-spence%2F

Read more
 http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.matrix.msu.edu%2F2014%2F10%2Fin-memory-of-helen-j-spence%2F |
My blog  http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.matrix.msu.edu