[Humanist] 28.445 HTML vs XML for TEI

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Oct 28 08:49:21 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 09:50:01 +0100
        From: Patrick Sahle <sahle at uni-koeln.de>
        Subject: Re:  28.442 HTML vs XML for TEI

Dear Desmond,

Am 27.10.2014 08:49, schrieb Humanist Discussion Group:
> The markup of <zone>
> does not refer to any feature of text. It describes a region in an image.

... which is a feature of many texts, which we perceive primarily
visually, because they are organized topographically, which depicts
their logical structure as well as parts of their semantics, which we
want to encode explicitly, by describing it in terms of <zone>s

Herzliche Grüߟe, Patrick

Cologne Center for eHumanities (CCeH)  http://www.cceh.uni-koeln.de/
(Geschäftsführung; Projekte der Akademie der Wissenschaften NRW)
Data Center for the Humanities  http://www.dch.uni-koeln.de/  (Koordination)
DiXiT ITN  http://www.dixit.uni-koeln.de/  (Fellow Supervisor)
Institut für Dokumentologie und Editorik  http://www.i-d-e.de  (Mitglied)