[Humanist] 28.438 the frailty of Big Data and machine learning; academic freedoms

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Oct 25 10:17:01 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Victoria Scott <victoriahfscott at gmail.com>                (13)
        Subject: Academic Freedoms and the Ideology of the Internet: On the
                Significance of Art, Art History, and Privacy in the Age of
                the Neoliberal University

  [2]   From:    "Robert A. Amsler" <amsler at cs.utexas.edu>                 (28)
        Subject: The frailty of Visions of Big Data and Machine Learning

        Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 17:32:12 +0200
        From: Victoria Scott <victoriahfscott at gmail.com>
        Subject: Academic Freedoms and the Ideology of the Internet: On the Significance of Art, Art History, and Privacy in the Age of the Neoliberal University

​Hallo!

I hope you are all well. An article I wrote, "Academic Freedoms and the
Ideology of the Internet: On the Significance of Art, Art History, and
Privacy in the Age of the Neoliberal University," has just been published
and I thought some of you might be interested.

​http://www.ethosreview.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/1.2scott.pdf

I also owe the listserv a bibliography on searching and the internet, that
many members generously helped me put together...Many apologies. I have not
forgotten about it, but I have been extremely busy trying to get a, um,
job. Hopefully I will be able to send it in the New Year.

All my best,
Victoria H.F. Scott
https://independent.academia.edu/VictoriaHFScott