[Humanist] 28.418 biological metaphors?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Oct 19 08:58:56 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 07:51:57 +0100
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: biological metaphors

Some time ago biological analogies and metaphors began turning up in
computer science (genetic algorithms et al). In fact this could be said to be
something von Neumann started in the late 1940s along with so much else.
Apart from borrowings of these from computer science, have such
metaphors and analogies been cropping up in digital humanities? Biology
seems now to be the dominant science, so I expect we would be affected.
Have we been? Are we?

Group, University of Western Sydney