[Humanist] 28.391 PostGreSQL and Solr for digital archives

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Oct 12 08:53:52 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 00:04:01 +0000
        From: "Reed, Ashley" <reeda at email.unc.edu>
        Subject: Re:  28.386 PostGreSQL and Solr for digital archives

Martin has his hit the nail on the head: "what your shop is familiar with.” It’s not feasible for our hosts to support eXist for a single project (and no one else on campus uses it), so as we reimplement the site we’re trying to find a solution that will allow us to maintain our high standards without placing undue burden on the people and units that keep us up and running.

Thanks for these (and any other forthcoming) replies.

Best,
Ashley