[Humanist] 28.380 representing music; creating a dictionary

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Oct 9 07:28:45 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Charles Muller <acmuller at l.u-tokyo.ac.jp>                 (30)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 28.375 creating an online dictionary?

  [2]   From:    Raffaele Viglianti <raffaeleviglianti at gmail.com>          (43)
        Subject: Re:  28.377 music representation systems?

        Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 15:50:31 +0900
        From: Charles Muller <acmuller at l.u-tokyo.ac.jp>

Maurizio Lana wrote:

> i own the rights of a latin-italian /italian-latin dictionary. the
> dictionary is on paper.
> would i OCR it, which could be the ways to put it online for free
> consultation and use?
> are there any 'software structures' (nearly) ready to use or should i
> think of building an ad-hoc solution?

For my online dictionary of Buddhist terms and dictionary of classical
Chinese (both at www.buddhism-dict.net), I have been using a near-TEI
format for a long time, which is delivered on the web through Perl and
XSLT. You can access the entries with the username "guest" (no
password). On each generated entry, there is an "XML Source" link on the
upper right-hand corner.

The back-end architecture for this is developed by Michael Beddow, who
also uses TEI-XML+Perl+XSLT to store and deliver the Anglo-Norman
Dictionary (http://www.anglo-norman.net/).

Regards,

Chuck

--

A. Charles Muller

Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology
Faculty of Letters
University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku
Tokyo 113-8654, Japan