[Humanist] 28.378 personal news (Andrew Prescott)

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Oct 7 07:11:48 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 15:13:28 +0100
        From: Andrew Prescott <andrew.prescott at glasgow.ac.uk>
        Subject: Personal news

Dear all,

As some of you will know, I have recently stepped down as Head of the
Department of Digital Humanities at King's College London and am
returning to the University of Glasgow to be Professor of Digital
Humanities in the School of Critical Studies.

I will be continuing at Glasgow my work as Theme Leader Fellow for the
Arts and Humanities Research Council’s ‘Digital Transformations’ theme
and am pleased that I will be able to focus more fully on this work
which I find fascinating. The accident in which I broke my leg and
subsequent mobility issues have forced me to reconsider my priorities,
and I feel I need to focus in the future on developing the ideas
emerging from the AHRC theme and on completing the many half-finished
pieces of research I have accumulated over the years. I will miss my
colleagues at King’s but am pleased to be reunited with my former
colleagues and friends at Glasgow.

Professor Anna Reading of the Department of Cultural Media and Creative
Industries at King’s College London has kindly agreed to act as interim
Head of Department at King’s College London until a new appointment is
made and Paul Spence has also generously agreed to act as Anna’s deputy
head.

My future contact details are as follows:

E-mail: andrew.prescott at glasgow.ac.uk
Postal address: School of Critical Studies, 12 University Gardens,
Glasgow G12 8AA
Telephone: 0774 389 5209

Andrew