[Humanist] 28.372 crashing through the barrier of meaning?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Oct 5 09:20:23 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 09:45:49 +0100
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: on crashing the barrier of meaning

Allow me to recommend to you a short text, Gian-Carlo Rota's "In
memoriam of Stan Ulam: The barrier of meaning", Physica D: Nonlinear
Phenomena 22.1-3 (1986),
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/01672789/22/1-3, free for
the taking. What, I wonder, does Stan Ulam's conversation read like now
to those in the midst of AI research?

Group, University of Western Sydney