[Humanist] 28.493 a bad rep undeserved

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Nov 17 09:40:43 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 06:57:38 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: Humanist's reputation undeservedly besmirched

Dear colleagues,

Such is the amount of bad e-mail these days that for some time, as you
may know, filters have been established to screen out e-mail from
certain ranges of internet addresses. By an association impossible or
impractical to trace Humanist's sending address has ended up on a list
of the baddies and so is being blocked from receipt by ca 100 members.
We are working on the problem now. Of course if you receive this note
the news won't be directly relevant to you, but if you know someone who
has complained of not receiving postings please do assure them that
we're paying attention.

How quaint all that palaver about the liberating force of e-mail now
seems. It reminds me of some of what was said in the very early days of
the telephone.

Group, University of Western Sydney