[Humanist] 28.463 job at Wisconsin-Stout

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Nov 3 09:20:05 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 07:27:18 +0000
        From: "Ogden, Mitchell" <ogdenm at uwstout.edu>
        Subject: Job at University of Wisconsin-Stout

We are doing some exciting undergraduate DH work over here at UW-Stout-Wisconsin's Polytechnic University in Menomonie, Wisconsin (60 miles east of St. Paul). And this year we are hiring for a tenure-track position available August 2015. We are looking for someone who can contribute in particular to our undergraduate BS in Professional Communication and Emerging Media-and especially in our Digital Humanities or Applied Journalism concentrations in that degree.

I am in my fourth year teaching very happily at UW-Stout. Our first cohort of DH seniors will be graduating this year. We are building some great DH things here. I'm eager to add a new team member!

Feel free to contact me <ogdenm at uwstout.edu<mailto:ogdenm at uwstout.edu>> with any questions.

mitch ogden
assistant professor
professional communication & emerging media
english & philosophy
university of wisconsin-stout
ogdenm at uwstout.edu<mailto:ogdenm at uwstout.edu>
715.232.1307

JOB DETAILS
The department of English and Philosophy, part of the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, seeks candidates for a full-time tenure track assistant professor who will teach courses in Digital Journalism, Digital Humanities, and Digital Rhetorics. For a more detailed description of the position, please see our website: http://www.uwstout.edu/english/jobpostings.cfm

QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum:

  *   PhD or ABD, to be completed before August 2015 in English, Rhetoric/Composition, Professional Communication, Digital Humanities, or related discipline
  *   Pragmatic, career focused approach to instruction
Preferred:

  *   Familiarity with data visualization, big data analytics, geospatial mapping, coding, digital storytelling techniques, and/or a range of emerging technologies to produce creative or critical projects is highly desirable
  *   Professional experience as a practitioner and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively valued

RESPONSIBILITIES

Consistent with our mission as a teaching institution, the standard teaching load is 4/4. In addition to teaching courses in the B.S. in Professional Communication and Emerging Media and the M.S. in Technical and Professional Communication programs, candidates should be willing to teach first-year composition. Course assignments will vary depending on curricular and student needs. Though excellence in teaching is primary, department/university service, student advising, and a research agenda (including interest in seeking outside funding) are expected.As a laptop campus, Stout provides all undergraduates with the technological tools to pursue complex research projects in and out of the classroom, and the successful candidate will demonstrate a pedagogical approach that exploits this environment fully.

SPECIAL NOTES
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, employment will be contingent upon a criminal background check.