[Humanist] 28.31 events: philology (amended); Victorian lives and letters

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri May 16 22:34:34 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Marion Thain <marion.thain at nyu.edu>                       (29)
        Subject: DH Colloquium

  [2]   From:    Greta Franzini <franzini at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>       (25)
        Subject: Two seminars next week: AMENDMENT

        Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 18:09:35 -0400
        From: Marion Thain <marion.thain at nyu.edu>

Subject – Victorian Lives and Letters Consortium (VLLC)

INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE

AHRC-funded Colloquium, 16-17 June 2014: School of English, University
of Leeds

(PI Professor Francis O’Gorman (Leeds); Co-I Dr Marion Thain (Sheffield);
Administrator Thomas Mandall)

As part of a major project in nineteenth-century digital curation, we are
holding a two-day colloquium. The event is designed to introduce the VLLC,
a new large-scale manuscript digitization project involving ourselves and
partners in the United States. The event will bring together a group of
experts to advise us on the development and enhancement of the project,
including in terms of

a)     technical development;

b)    partnerships with libraries, archives, and universities;

c)    financial sustainability;

d)    editorial standards and academic development

Major figures internationally and nationally in nineteenth-century editing
and curation, as well as senior figures in digital humanities, will be
present.  Please see the draft schedule of events here:

https://sites.google.com/a/nyu.edu/marion-thain/dh-colloquium/draft-programme

We have space to accommodate a small audience of colleagues interested in
being part of this event; if you are able to contribute expertise or if who
would simply like to learn more about current practice in the field we
would be pleased to hear from you. There is no charge for this event, but
space is limited so if you would like to attend please email us as soon as
possible.

Yours sincerely,

Francis O’Gorman and Marion Thain

 f.j.o’gorman at leeds.ac.uk; m.thain at sheffield.ac.uk