[Humanist] 28.21 a host for Day of DH?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu May 15 02:32:56 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 16:48:47 -0400
        From: Neil Fraistat <nfraistat at gmail.com>
        Subject: centerNet CFP for Hosting Day of DH

To read this CFP in: Español, Français, Deutsch, Italiano, or 日本語  see
http://digitalhumanities.org/centernet/host-day-of-dh/

We have all experienced Day of DH, that wonderful day when digital
humanists the world over get accounts on a central server to tell the world
about what we, as digital humanists, do all day.  Day of DH has been a
centerNet initiative since 2012.

MATRIX at Michigan State University has hosted Day of DH for two great
years, and centerNet is accepting proposals for the next Digital Humanities
center to host this worldwide event.

So, now we need a new server and a group of dedicated people to continue
the tradition.

We are asking for a TWO YEAR hosting commitment for 2015 and 2016.  MATRIX
has graciously agreed to provide mentoring to the new center.

Your center will need to meet these basic requirements:

   - install and directly manage a robust, high traffic multi-user
   WordPress/BuddyPress installation
   - create and manage your own domains
   - have in-house programming support to customize the look and feel of
   the WordPress/BuddyPress installation
   - be a paying member of centerNet. For more information on membership,
   see http://digitalhumanities.org/centernet/join/

If you are interested, please send your 1 page proposal detailing your
technical and managerial capacity to centerNet’s International Secretary,
Jean Bauer (jean_bauer at brown.edu), by June 30, 2014.  Bauer can read
proposals in English, Spanish, or French.

We will choose and announce the new Day of DH 2015 + 2016 hosting center at
DH2014.

centerNet is expanding Day of DH into a truly international event with
accompanying events.  Last June we sponsored the first DíaHD (Día de las
Humanidades Digitales) for Spanish and Portuguese, hosted by Universidad
Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM).  If you have proposals for another
linguistic or regional group please let us know.

http://digitalhumanities.org/centernet/host-day-of-dh/

--
Neil Fraistat
Professor of English & Director