[Humanist] 27.1020 net neutrality

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon May 5 20:00:36 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 13:06:24 -0400
        From: Brian Croxall <b.croxall at gmail.com>
        Subject: Net Neutrality and the ACH

Dear colleagues --

As you know, the ACH is a major professional society for the digital
humanities. We support and disseminate research and cultivate a vibrant
professional community through conferences, publications, and outreach
activities.

Along with these efforts, the organization occasionally advocates on issues
that affect our community. In this spirit, the ACH recently joined in an
effort related to the issue of net neutrality in the United States. An open
letter on the subject was sent to American FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler by 33
presidents, chairs, founders, leaders, and editors of 27 major,
international digital humanities scholarly organizations and platforms,
including the president of the ACH.

Announcement: http://ach.org/2014/04/30/net-neutrality/<http://ach.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dedf14e24c9607061dd051606&id=2c43f044c1&e=2e46c22727>
Open Letter:
http://ach.org/activities/advocacy/open-letter-on-net-neutrality/<http://ach.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dedf14e24c9607061dd051606&id=d13e7136a3&e=2e46c22727>

If you would like to learn more about the issue of net neutrality or take
individual action, you can learn more at this list of resources that the
ACH has also assembled:
http://ach.org/activities/advocacy/net-neutrality-info-and-action/<http://ach.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dedf14e24c9607061dd051606&id=db16c21624&e=2e46c22727>
.

Best,

Brian Croxall, ACH Executive Council Member
Vika Zafrin, Executive Secretary of the ACH
http://ach.org