[Humanist] 28.152 readings on use of ICT by government?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Jun 25 07:32:04 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 08:43:47 +0100
        From: Rónán Kennedy <ronan.kennedy.09 at UCL.AC.UK>
        Subject: Readings on use of ICT by government?

I am a PhD student in the Faculty of Laws in UCL, researching the application of information and communication technologies for environmental regulation. I have strayed into science and technology studies, which is proving quite helpful as a background for my thinking on the legal issues that result, but am finding very little written on the use of ICT by government and what difference that makes to the processes of governing. Does anyone know of material on this topic?

I am aware of Jon Agar’s book, “The Government Machine”, Jannis Kallinikos’s various books and articles and Rose and Miller’s work on governmentality.

Thanks in advance,

Rónán