[Humanist] 28.98 pubs: student-led journal in game studies

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Jun 9 03:21:02 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 15:39:17 +0000
        From: Matthew Barr <Matthew.Barr at glasgow.ac.uk>
        Subject: New student-led game studies journal

Hi folks,

We're launching a new online game studies journal at HATII, publishing student work - from any discipline - that relates to video games. Reviewers and the Editorial Board will be comprised of students, with the aim of providing volunteers with an opportunity to develop their writing and critical analysis skills, and gain experience of working collaboratively as part of an editorial team. It should also provide a place to publish good-quality student work in this emerging multidisciplinary area that might otherwise sit on a shelf somewhere.

We're keen to engage with students from across the Humanities on this, and would be delighted if we could get the word out that we are seeking Reviewers,  Editorial Board members and, of course, Authors. The journal is entitled Press Start, and full details are available on the website: http://press-start.gla.ac.uk/

Many thanks - I hope this isn't too presumptuous a message for the list!

Matt

Humanities Advanced Technology and Information Institute
Email: Matthew.Barr at glasgow.ac.uk<mailto:Matthew.Barr at glasgow.ac.uk>
Tel: +44 (0)141 330 2854
Twitter: @hatii_matt | @PS_Journal
Skype: matthew_barr