[Humanist] 27.747 recognising academic contributions? National Library of Scotland survey

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jan 28 07:30:39 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Prescott, Andrew" <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>            (14)
        Subject: National Library of Scotland New Developments

  [2]   From:    Colin Greenstreet <colin.greenstreet at googlemail.com>      (60)
        Subject: Recognising and tracking academic contributions to
                academic/public history digital collaborations

        Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 10:23:50 +0000
        From: "Prescott, Andrew" <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>

The National Library of Scotland is a partner in the development of an exciting new project at Kelvin Hall, Glasgow which will create new purpose-built research facilities for moving image, sound and digital content.  These new facilities will offer access to the Scottish Screen Archive (previously located at Hillington), Sound Scotland and digital content currently only available through the NLS Reading Rooms in Edinburgh.  This digital content includes e-books, newspapers, digitised manuscripts, maps, magazines and other content. from the Library.

A survey is being carried out to assist in the design of these new NLS facilities and services. Please help us by completing a questionnaire if you are interested in research or in finding out about Scotland's moving images/films or sound heritage.  All completed questionnaires will be entered into a prize draw for two £50 Amazon vouchers.

For the questionnaire see http://surveys.scotinform.co.uk/NLS%20Kelvin%20Hall/snnls_kelvin_hall.htm?id=1EyD_

[Andrew

Professor Andrew Prescott FRHistS
Head of Department