[Humanist] 27.682 U.S. Presidential conversations now accessible

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jan 7 08:59:31 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 11:57:52 -0500 (EST)
        From: David Sewell <dsewell at virginia.edu>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 27.677 digital history: U.S. presidential conversations

On Mon, 6 Jan 2014, Holly C. Shulman wrote:

> For a taste of how the
> Nixon recordings will look and function once fully published, its sister
> publication, the Johnson White House tapes, can be accessed at:
> http://presidentialrecordings.rotunda.upress.virginia.edu/.

As HUMANIST readers may have found if they followed this link, this edition of
the Presidential Recordings of LBJ from the University of Virginia Press is a
by-subscription publication. I've just created a login ID that can be used to
access the full content from now through 20 January. When prompted (generally
when clicking on a conversation link), enter these credentials:

username: HUMANIST
password: LBJ2014

In the second half of this year, UVA Press will be launching a revised platform
for the presidential recordings series that will expand beyond Johnson to
include Nixon conversations. We expect that a subset of the content will be
open-access.

David Sewell

[Most of the publications of ROTUNDA, UVA Press's digital scholarly imprint, are
sustained by purchase fees, a consequence of our original mandate as a Mellon
Foundation-funded entity to develop a sustainable business model. Where funding
has permitted, we've released open-access content. Notably, everything on
Founders Online (http://founders.archives.gov/) derives from ROTUNDA content,
and is free to the public thanks to federal funding and a collaborative
agreement with the US National Archives.]

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA