[Humanist] 27.669 digital history workshopalooza

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Jan 4 07:35:41 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 12:08:14 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: digital history Workshopalooza

See Claire Potter's article, "AHA Day 1: Digital History
Workshopalooza", Chronicle of Higher Education, 2 January 2014, in the
Tenured Radical column,
http://chronicle.com/blognetwork/tenuredradical/2014/01/aha-day-1-digital-history-workshopalooza/?cid=wc&utm_source=wc&utm_medium=en.

I think it would be especially interesting for us to know, and
especially from an historian in the know, what was not
discussed/presented as much as what was. It would also be good to have
an historian who lives on this (i.e. my) side of the Pond comment on the
degree to which the Workshopalooza as reported was a particularly
American phenomenon -- other than the obvious.