[Humanist] 27.665 ADHO membership-only rates

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Jan 3 10:26:10 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 10:06:44 -0600
        From: Lisa Spiro <lisamspiro at gmail.com>
        Subject: ADHO Announces Members-Only Rates

The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO, http://adho.org/)
is pleased to announce new membership-only rates, which we hope will remove
any financial barriers to participation. By selecting the membership-only
option, members of ADHO and its constituent organizations (The European
Association for Digital Humanities, Association for Computers and the
Humanities, Canadian Society for Digital Humanities / Société canadienne
des humanités numériques, centerNet, Australasian Association for Digital
Humanities, and Japanese Association for Digital Humanities) will not
receive LLC: The Journal of Digital Scholarship in the Humanities, but will
be eligible for reduced conference rates and other benefits. To join ADHO
and all of its constituent organizations under the membership-only option,
select "Membership - Society fee" at Oxford University Press' web page for
ADHO membership and LLC subscriptions (
http://www.oxfordjournals.org/our_journals/litlin/access_purchase/price_list.html
).

Membership-only rates are set based upon the scholar’s home country, using
Oxford University Press’ list of countries eligible for subscription for
free or at reduced rates. Members from “A” list countries will receive free
membership, while those from “B” list countries will receive reduced rates
of 25 USD. All other members under the membership-only option will pay a
modest 40 USD.

ADHO Steering Committee Chair Neil Fraistat notes: “While we hope that most
members will continue subscribing to LLC as part of their membership, we
are delighted to be able to make membership in ADHO more widely affordable,
and we are grateful to Oxford University Press for their support in making
this important shift to member-only rates. We are also grateful for Harold
Short’s splendid leadership on this initiative.”

--
Lisa Spiro, Ph.D.
Chair of ADHO's Standing Committee on Communications