[Humanist] 27.825 The Humanities Matter

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Feb 26 07:08:07 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 12:42:34 -0500
        From: Kim <kimberleymartin at gmail.com>
        Subject: Urgent: Humanities Matter Web Series and Travel Blog

Do you believe the humanities matter? Support our Kickstarter!

We have 8 days left in our Kickstarter campaign to secure the money for a
trip that will document the faces of the humanities. Please help us make it
happen!

Follow us at @humbustour.*Email us at info at dhmakerbus.com.

INFORMATION :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/130281790/the-humanities-matter-webseries-and-travel-blog

http://www.strikingly.com/humanitiesmatter

Who: DHMakerBus (Kim Martin, Ryan Hunt, Beth Compton) and Alex Gil,
together with the 4Humanities Collective.

What: A KickStarter Campaign titled "The Humanities Matter". The goal is to
raise $15 000 (or more!) towards a documentary-style web-series about the
importance of humanities education.

When: The bus trip that will be the focal point of the webseries takes
place in late May and early June, leading up to the Digital Humanities
Summer Institute.

Where: 1. On the web - we'll be live tweeting and blogging the entire trip,
as well as uploading our interviews as they take place along the way. 2. On
the ground - All the way from Charlottesville, Virginia, through Montreal,
Quebec and out to Victoria, British Columbia, we'll be travelling (by bus!)
and talking to people from all walks of life who have one thing in common:
they believe the humanities matter.

Why: We live in a world where the arts and humanities are under constant
threat. Our project seeks to show the value of the humanities, focusing on
positive stories of how the humanities enrich lives. We want to show the
human face of the humanities - the humanities matter because people matter.

--
Kim Martin
PhD Candidate