[Humanist] 27.803 events: art & science; culture, tech & communication; old books

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Feb 17 07:51:55 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Marijana_Tomić <mtomic at unizd.hr>                         (33)
        Subject: Summer school in the study of old books - proceedings - E-
                book

  [2]   From:    Charles Ess <cmess at drury.edu>                             (29)
        Subject: CaTaC'14 - deadline extension, registration fees

  [3]   From:    Jenny Rock <jennifer.rock at OTAGO.AC.NZ>                     (5)
        Subject: special symposium: Art - Science interaction: How can we
                further the effect?

        Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 23:07:36 +0100
        From: Marijana_Tomić <mtomic at unizd.hr>
        Subject: Summer school in the study of old books - proceedings - E-book

Dear all,

we are happy to announce that *Proceedings Summer school in the study of
old books* are published as E-book on the address:
http://www.unizd.hr/Portals/41/elektronicka_izdanja/Summer_school_in_the_study_of_old_books.pdf

The Summer School in the Study of Old Books (Zadar, Croatia, 28th September
to 2nd October 2009) was the first one in the series of summer schools that
the Department of Library and Information Sciences, University of Zadar,
organized primarily for doctoral students, but also for faculty members and
interested practitioners. The specific field of interest of the first
Summer School was the study of old books and the main goal was to acquaint
participants with the most recent developments and newly emerged concepts
in the fields of historical method and epistemology, old book research and
bibliography, bibliographic information organisation and its relation to
the archival context, conservation and preservation, and to provide
practical introduction to old books collection management with contemporary
approaches to digitisation.

In this Proceedings thirteen delivered lectures are published together with
a lecture on European heritage collections and a student’s essay supervised
by the lecturer.

We hope you will enjoy reading it and we would highly appreciate any
feedback.

Best regards

Mirna Willer and Marijana Tomić, editors
--
*dr. sc. Marijana Tomić, viša asistentica*
*Sveuciliste u Zadru*

*Odjel za informacijske znanosti*
*Ulica dr. Franje Tudjmana 24i*
*23000 Zadar*
*+38523/345-054*

*Marijana Tomić, PhD, research assistantUniversity of ZadarDepartement of
Information SciencesDr. Franje Tuđmana 24i23000 Zadar, Croatia
+38523/345-054*