[Humanist] 27.790 characters not in UniCode

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Feb 13 10:00:38 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Susana Tavares Pedro <susana.t.pedro at gmail.com>           (24)
        Subject: Re:  27.784 characters not in UniCode

  [2]   From:    maurizio lana <maurizio.lana at gmail.com>                   (36)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 27.787 characters not in UniCode

        Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 10:11:54 +0000
        From: Susana Tavares Pedro <susana.t.pedro at gmail.com>

Hi Maurizio,

Have you heard of the Medieval Unicode Font Iniciative (Mufi)?
 http://helmer.aksis.uib.no/mufi/
Their goal is to add special "scholarly" characters to Unicode by submitting proposals to the committee.

The Mufi character recommendation lists many characters that *are not* (ever or yet) admitted by Unicode but are nevertheless included in the Private Use area of all Mufi-compliant fonts (whic may be found here:  http://www.mufi.info/fonts/ ).
They accept new character proposals from other editors and researchers.

Best,
Susana T Pedro

On Feb 11, 2014, at 6:23 AM, Humanist Discussion Group wrote:

> what i mean is: how one (person or group) could start an initiative for
> bringing into Unicode those missing characters? with 1)no worry for the
> glyphs, which can arrive later (the true problem is that of having the
> character codes); and 2) no worry for building a complete list because
> this could stop the initiative before it starts.
>
> best
> maurizio

Susana Tavares Pedro
susana.t.pedro at campus.ul.pt