[Humanist] 27.764 pubs: Digital Thoreau; cfp for War and Life Writing

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Feb 4 09:46:52 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Totosy de Zepetnek, Steven" <clcweb at purdue.edu>           (5)
        Subject: cfp: War and Life Writing

  [2]   From:    Joseph Easterly <easterly at geneseo.edu>                    (19)
        Subject: Digital Thoreau takes Walden revisions and readers global

        Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 08:48:40 -0500
        From: "Totosy de Zepetnek, Steven" <clcweb at purdue.edu>

Call for papers:

Papers are invited for publication in a thematic issue entitled War and Life Writing. Ed. Louise O. Vasvári and I-Chun Wang. CLCWeb: Comparative Literature and Culture 17.2 (June 2015): http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/clcweb (Purdue University Press ISSN 1481-4374).

Throughout history, humans share(d) similar experiences in war: they narrate their experiences and document suffering, trauma, dislocation, memory, etc. Life writing on war is often about (im)migration, separation, and dreams of return. The guest editors of the thematic issue on War and Life Writing invite studies on life writing in all its forms: auto/biography, memoir, testimony, diaries, letters, works in media other than print, as well as visual representation of war from all periods of human history (images are published in the journal, but only if copyright release documentation is obtained by the author of the article). The preferred theoretical background of work is comparative literature and (comparative) cultural studies.

Articles in the journal are 6000-7000 words: for the style of the journal consult http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/clcweblibrary/clcwebstyleguide. Articles published in the journal are double-blind peer reviewed and indexed, among others, in the MLA International Bibliography, the Thomson Reuters ISI Arts and Humanities Citation Index, Scopus, etc.

Please submit papers by 31 December 2014 to Louise O. Vasvári (Stony Brook University) at louise.vasvari at stonybrook.edu and to I-Chun Wang (National Sun Yat-sen University) at icwang at faculty.nsysu.edu.tw