[Humanist] 27.759 taxonomy of scholarly activities and objects

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Feb 3 10:09:28 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 07:44:35 +0000
        From: "Munson, Matthew" <mmunson at gcdh.de>
        Subject: DARIAH/DiRT Taxonomy, second round of feedback

Dear Humanists,

Last fall we opened for comments a draft of a taxonomy of scholarly
activities and objects that will be used by multiple registries of digital
humanities resources, including DARIAH, DiRT and DHCommons. We are very
grateful for the feedback we received, and have spent the last few months
revising the taxonomy in response to your comments. We have recently
completed a major revision, and would like to open the taxonomy for feedback
once again before we make it available for public use, and implement it on
our respective sites.

The latest draft of the taxonomy exists as a Google Doc here:
http://goo.gl/QsAeTw Please leave comments in the document itself, or email
the taxonomy coordinators listed at the end of this email. Feedback will be
open until Sunday, February 9th. After that point, we will once again review
and incorporate comments, with the goal of publishing the taxonomy and
beginning to implement it in our directories in March.

On behalf of all the coordinators in this project, I would like to thank you
for your comments thus far, which we feel have significantly improved the
taxonomy since the last version. We look forward to any additional feedback.
Feel free at any time to email any or all of us with any questions you may
have.

Best,
Matt Munson

Coordinators:
Luise Borek, borek at linglit.tu-darmstadt.de Quinn Dombrowski,
quinnd at berkeley.edu Matthew Munson, mmunson at gcdh.de Jody Perkins,
perkintj at miamioh.edu Christof Schöch, christof.schoech at uni-wuerzburg.de

---
Matthew Munson

Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Göttingen Centre for Digital Humanities (GCDH)
Papendiek 16
37073 Göttingen
GERMANY
+49 (0)551-39-10 997