[Humanist] 28.579 events: American studies cfp

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Dec 20 10:37:28 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 15:41:10 -0500
        From: Matthew Wilkens <mwilkens at nd.edu>
        Subject: CFP: Digital Americanists at American Literature Association 2015 (Boston, May 21-24 2015)

The Digital Americanists Society solicits abstracts (c. 200 words) for
papers to be included in the Society’s pre-arranged sessions at the 2015
American Literature Association Conference (Boston, USA, May 21-24). The
Digital Americanists are eager to constitute panels of the most exciting DH
work happening in and around American studies, literary and otherwise.

If you have an idea for a panel rather than an individual paper, we’d be
happy to hear about it; email us at digitalamericanists at gmail.com as soon as
possible.

In keeping with the Digital Americanists’ commitment to a broad
understanding of American literature, culture, digital media, and
computational methods, we are pleased to consider submissions that address
any facet of the relationship between those terms or that question the terms
themselves. Submissions from early-career scholars and members of
underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.

Deadline for submissions is *Monday, January 19, 2015*. Send abstracts
(plain text, please, unless there’s a good reason to use something else)
or questions by email to digitalamericanists at gmail.com. For more information
about the Digital Americanists Society, see http://digitalamericanists.org.
For information about the ALA and the 2015 conference, see
http://americanliteratureassociation.org.