[Humanist] 28.559 teaching/training digital editing?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Dec 12 07:25:40 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 13:24:34 +0100
        From: Elli Bleeker <elli.bleeker at gmail.com>
        Subject: experience in teaching and/or training in digital editing?

Survey on teaching material for digital text editing

Dear list,

For a possible workshop in text editing we are curious to learn from
anyone with experience in teaching and/or training in digital editing. The
general idea is to make an inventory of what already exist and bring that
together, before reinventing the wheel or overlooking the obvious. We are
especially interested to hear about which material you use, and which of
the resources are available online. Do you use free and open source
material, or is it covered by restrictive licenses? Does it meet the needs
of students or inexperienced scholars, and where does it fall short? With
regard to the training program or curriculum: did you design it yourself
based on the needs of your group, or did you follow a certain program that
is offered online?

It would be great if you could get back to us before the 5th of January.
Thanks in advance for any information and advice.

Elli Bleeker

University of Antwerp - DiXiT Research Fellow
PhD Candidate