[Humanist] 28.553 teaching text editing? collaborative support? reviewers for DHQ? citizen science?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Dec 11 12:27:09 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Milena Dobreva <milena.dobreva at gmail.com>                 (40)
        Subject: Questionnaire on citizen science use in CH institutions

  [2]   From:    "Senseney, Megan Finn" <mfsense2 at illinois.edu>            (22)
        Subject: Reminder: RFP: Advanced Collaborative Support for the
                HathiTrust Research Center (Due Jan 8)

  [3]   From:    Julia Flanders <j.flanders at neu.edu>                       (17)
        Subject: Call for applications: DHQ Contributing Reviewers

  [4]   From:    Elli Bleeker <elli.bleeker at gmail.com>                       ( )
        Subject: Survey on teaching material for digital text editing

        Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 12:50:32 +0100
        From: Milena Dobreva <milena.dobreva at gmail.com>

Dear colleagues,

I am writing to you on behalf of the Civic Epistemologies project team
to invite you to take part in a brief online questionnaire on citizen
science.

Citizen Science is the practice of involving citizens in research
driven by professional researchers; nowadays it benefits from
technological tools which allow to achieve  unprecedented scale of
citizen engagement. One of its forms is crowdsourcing which might not
aim research contribution but helps in gathering, encoding or
contextualising data with the help of citizens.

Our project is consolidating a roadmap on the use of e-Infrastructures
to support the participation of European citizens in research on
cultural heritage and digital humanities. The questionnaire is
designed to capture the current experiences and opinions of cultural
heritage professionals and we would appreciate if you could invest up
to 10 minutes of your time by 19 December 2014 to help us understand
better the current context and integrate your point of view in the
Roadmap.

Please follow this link to the questionnaire:
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1914440/Cultural-Heritage-Institutions-and-Citizen-Science

For more information on our project, please visit the website:
http://www.civic-epistemologies.eu/

Thank you for your attention and your input, your response is very
valuable to us.

The Civic Epistemologies Team.
--

Prof. Milena Dobreva, PhD
Head, Library, Information and Archive Sciences Department
milena.dobreva at um.edu.mt
https://www.um.edu.mt/profile/milenadobreva

** DARIAH ERIC - national coordinator for Malta
** New Review of Information Networking (Taylor & Francis) - Associate Editor
** 19th ElPub 2015 - General Chair
** Malta Libraries Council member
** CILIP LIRG committee