[Humanist] a problem with Humanist

Willard McCarty willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Dec 9 10:06:50 CET 2014

Dear colleagues,

Somehow on 5 December one of the several mechanisms used in generating
messages from Humanist was damaged and has resulted in "bounce actions"
that at least some of you have witnessed. Several people are now at work
attempting to figure out where the problem lies and will fix it once it
is found. We would ask for your patience while the probing and fixing is
going on. I will continue to post messages since not everyone is
affected. Those who are can still access the postings from the archive.
I would ask of them an especially robust patience as they are pelted
with Bounce Action Notifications -- as I was shortly after midnight GMT
by an excess of 250 such things. When infoglut was new I used to offer
the cold comfort that one's delete key is never far away. That's about
all I can offer now.

This time I suspect my apologies should be not just for failing software
but also for a malevolent creature out there somewhere who takes
pleasure in harming others.

Group, University of Western Sydney