[Humanist] 28.547 exploring Humanist 1987-present

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Dec 7 11:09:17 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 13:32:33 +0100
        From: Domenico Fiormonte <domenico.fiormonte at gmail.com>
        Subject: Re:  28.545 exploring Humanist 1987-present

Dear David, congrats for this fascinating work. However I wonder what
exactly you mean by "leaving just text that had actually been typed out by
people (for the most part)". I've searched for important terms like
"philology", (373 occurrences according the search made with Google within
the mailing list) and it's not there. Besides, some names of people, places
and institutions are there, some other are not. What the scientific and
cultural value of such representation would be if data entry is not
accurate?

Thanks!

Domenico

[For David McLure's response see his blog. --WM]