[Humanist] 28.545 exploring Humanist 1987-present

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Dec 6 09:59:01 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 07:51:35 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: exploring our conversations

Allow me to direct your attention to some ingenious and fascinating work
done by David McClure (who is almost exactly as old as Humanist) with
the collected words from all of Humanist, 1987 to the present. See
http://humanist.dclure.org/#-188.19/-174.25/1.00 and his blogged
explanation at http://dclure.org/essays/visualizing-the-humanist/.

The body of words look to me like a great whale. But perhaps my
fascination with Moby Dick and the story of Jonah has got the better of
me :-).

Group, University of Western Sydney