[Humanist] 28.537 events: linked open data; document engineering; digital humanities

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Dec 4 07:15:59 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Tamir Hassan <tamir at TAMIRHASSAN.COM>                      (58)
        Subject: ACM DocEng 2015 -- Call for Papers

  [2]   From:    Lieke Ploeger <lieke.ploeger at okfn.org>                    (82)
        Subject: Reminder: Enabling humanities research in the Linked Open
                Web -- DM2E final event (11 Dec 2014)

  [3]   From:    Daniel O'Donnell <daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca>               (20)
        Subject: Last call for the joint CSDH-SCHN/ACH Conference on Digital
                Humanities (Ottawa, 1-3 June 2015). Abstracts due Monday
                Dec. 8.

        Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 09:31:28 +0100
        From: Tamir Hassan <tamir at TAMIRHASSAN.COM>

                            CALL FOR PAPERS

                      Join us in Lausanne for the
         15th ACM Symposium on Document Engineering (DocEng 2015),

                         September 8-11, 2015,
       at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland

                       http://www.doceng2015.org

The 15th ACM Symposium on Document Engineering (DocEng 2015) seeks
original research papers that focus on the design, implementation,
development, management, use and evaluation of advanced systems where
documents and document collections play a key role.

DocEng is a leading international forum for researchers, practitioners,
developers and users to explore cutting-edge ideas and to exchange
techniques, tools and experiences.

DocEng emphasizes innovative approaches to document engineering
technology, use of documents and document collections in real world
applications, novel principles, tools and processes that improve our
ability to create, manage, maintain, share, and productively use these.

You are invited to submit original papers to the 15th ACM Symposium on
Document Engineering (DocEng 2015), to be held at the Ecole
Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland. Attendees at this
international forum have interests that span all aspects of document
engineering and applications.

DocEng is sponsored by ACM by means of the ACM SIGWEB Special Interest
Group. Proceedings are available through the ACM Digital Library.

Symposium Chair: Christine Vanoirbeek (EPFL, Switzerland)
Program Chair:   Pierre Genevès (CNRS, France)

Submissions
===========

Authors are invited to submit original work in one of the following forms:

* Full papers describing complete works of research (up to 10 pages)
* Short papers describing smaller complete works of research or novel
   challenges or visions (up to 4 pages)
* Application notes describing systems or tools of interest (up to 4 pages)
* Workshop/tutorial proposals: tutorials are by a domain expert and
   introduce a current topic of interest to symposium attendees while
workshops provide an informal setting in which to develop vision and
exchange ideas in a specialized field of interest.

Accepted papers will be included in the DocEng proceedings and published
in the ACM Digital Library.

Students presenting their work at DocEng 2015 will be eligible to apply
for SIGWEB Student Travel Awards.

Important dates
===============

* Mar  9, 2015: Full paper abstracts due
* Mar 16, 2015: Full paper manuscripts due
* Mar 16, 2015: Workshop and tutorial proposals due
* May 21, 2015: Short papers and application notes due

Topics relevant to the symposium include (but are not limited to)

[...]

For more information, please visit the conference website at:
===  http://www.doceng2015.org  ===

--
Tamir Hassan
Research Scientist, HP Laboratories